Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do you think facebook and myspace is advisable or unworthy for married couples to have?

I am married..and i am sure getting upset with the comments i am seeing on my husband's page and the add requests...arghhhhhhh (sorry excuse my anger...i think i will now go and recuperate in silence).Do you think facebook and myspace is advisable or unworthy for married couples to have?
Me and my man both have pages...he hardly goes on it...idiot friends were leaving idiotic comments which made me very very unhappi and angry...so i told him about it...and he deleted them...after we get married i think we might make a joint facebook...but meh who knows we might just not have facebook...:S





Its not abt trust really...u just get upset wen u see these comments and women adding him...i understand...u need to talk to him about it...and explain to him that ur feeling very uncomfortable with it...if he loves u and respects ur feelings then he will do something about it...Dont let people tell u that u should trust him blah blah and without trust the marriage wont work....





sometimes as women we get jealous and worried...its natural...if ur the type of get upset by comments and add requests on ur mans page then thats ok...cos i know i am exactly like u...dont feel bad about it...u just need to communicate with him...


DONT hide away in shame...ull always be in pain...and marriage wont work if u cant communicate ill tell u that now...he needs to know wen ur hurting...





Good luck!Do you think facebook and myspace is advisable or unworthy for married couples to have?
I don't do Facebook or any of those social networking sites. If there is something on his page that makes you uncomfortable, you should speak to him about it. The happiness and stability of your marriage comes before anything else. He should honor and respect that.





I just don't get the whole need to flirt and actively chat on an ongoing basis with people online. I think people get off on the attention and I think it takes precious attention and time that should be devoted to real life relationships, especially if you're married.





Good luck.
My husband and I will be married for 9 years in July. We both have Facebook accounts, mainly to catch up with old friends from high school or college we haven't seen in forever. We have each other's passwords, so I could check if I wanted to, but I don't feel the need to, since I trust him. What does your husband say about the comments and add requests? If he down plays them, then yes, I'd be angry, but if he is bothered by them as well you have nothing to worry about.
I don't think it's appropriate for married people to be on those type of websites. It's a social network....and people prey on other people.





I would talk to him about it, and if possible I would see if he's okay with deleting it along with yours. If he needs to stay in contact with friends and family, he can get an email...and as far as sending pictures he can get a photobucket account at http://www.photobucket.com for free. He can email them the links to his photos that he has uploaded.





Just explain to him the whole facebook situation is making you uncomfortable.





Besides, you are married...you don't need to impress anyone...so why have your photos on there for people to comment on?





I wish you the best =)





P.S. Read about Facebook http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook





I don't think it's a very safe site to be on with personal information. It has a bad history accompanied with it and has recieved a lot of criticism over the years.
I know how you feel, I broke up with my boyfriend for that same reson, luckily he was just a boyfriend. I truly feel that people in a relationship worst off even married has no business on my space unless it is striclkly to be into contact with family members or really close friends, other than that they have no business marketing themsleves to other people.
I've been married for going on 18 years in august. I have had myspace for a few years now. My husband has had it for a year or so. As long as you can trust each other not to go astray..things will b fine. It's a good place to catch up on old friendships and make new friends. Just beware of the ones out there that want more than just friendship. If there's no trust in the marriage it can b a bad thing. But just be honest with each other. Don't put sexual things on ur profile that would suggest you or ur spouse is out for a good time if you know what I mean.
I don't see why married people can't have facebook or myspace. It sound to me like you need to talk to your hubby about how you feel about the comments being left, he should understand your feelings and let these people know that thier comments are unaceptable, but i feel that there is something else going on here...lack of trust? you shouldn't ever be worried about those comments enless you were worried
Not entirely. We both have stated very clearly that we do not and will not allow any ex's or other '; people '; on our friend's lists. We have each others account pass words and can go onto each other's profiles if we want to.


We have a very honest and intimate relationship. We connect all the time. We know what is happening to each other at all times.


Facebook is only a problem when its in situations like yours. But with us, no.
we actually met on myspace. that being said, when we got serious we both deleted our pages. i have a facebook page but my husband knows my password and i rarely get on. i think if youre bothered by anything your husband does then it is not ok in your marriage. dont let other ppl tell you that youre overreacting. its your life, take charge of it. if something bothers you even the slightest bit then it is not ok for it to continue.
if your using it for free advertising getting people to see your web site its great for married couples entire family as far as that goes . But if you plastering your azz all over it looking to hook up all though one is married is pretty damn childish . Next time maybe think about getting a mate that's not mentally challenged
My husband and I both have facebook pages. We mainly have the same people on both friends list.


The only people on our list are actual people we know personally, and relatives that live far away. We dont add random people.


We both know each others passwaords and can easliy access each others accounts.
I've seen where they sure have caused many a couple, married or not, quite a few problems. There are so many other things that can be done on the Internet, why get involved in things that just may cause problems tho. Who needs it! Leave it to the kids to ';play with';...:)
There are plenty of people that are married and engaged and so on. It all depends on how you carry yourself and what you do on there. There people on there that are just keeping contact with family, old friends so on. Nothing flirtatious. Just as long as whatever you do is in good taste.
I must say that lately I am having a bit of an issue with the myspace %26amp; f/b thing. Because people come out of the wood works it causing one to thing why an ex contacts and what is being said. Or if one is taking something the other said and running with it.
My husband and I each have a Facebook and a MySpace page. We ignore add requests unless they're from people we know, and delete unwanted comments. Simple.
Depends. Something trival like facebook and myspace would not bother me because I would trust that my spouse knew his limitations.
Why not set up a page for you two as a couple? (It's helped a lot of my friends with their marriages when it came to this issue.)
I think Myspace is a breeding ground for cheaters.
not advisable, although mine is all born again Christians, my husbands? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment