Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do all married couples sleep together in the same bed?

we have different schedule and it's easier to sleep in different rooms... do you think it's healthy for our relationshipDo all married couples sleep together in the same bed?
My parents slept in seperate beds but had a wonderful relationship. He snored and tossed and turned so since they both had to work, it was alot less stress on them both to sleep seperate.Do all married couples sleep together in the same bed?
No, they don't.





If you might keep him up or he you and you realize that you both need a different environment to get good quality sleep sometimes, then sleeping separately is sometimes just practical.





When I was younger, I could sleep anywhere. Now that I am older, things interfere with my sleep and with his. Sleep (and not so much sleeping together, especially if you've been together a long time) is a really important ingredient for functioning well AND getting along with your partner.





Loving each other enough to think of each others comfort is very sweet and a good sign for any relationship. Insisting on sleeping together all the time, even when impractical, serves what purpose?
You guys sleep in separate rooms so you don't wake up the other person while getting ready for work? You could set all your clothes and other things in the other room. So you both can sleep together and get ready for work in the other room without waking the other person.





I agree with you mel. Your husband is military if I remember correctly, right? My BF is in the military too. Most people take little things like sleeping together for granted. Unlike us (military spouse/GF/BF) We know all to well whats it's like to not have our loved ones by our side at night for long spans of time. So we take advantage of EVERY opprutunity possible, we never know when it might be the last time.
No its not healthy at al!?!! Why would you do that I love sleeping with my husband even if we have different schedules I mean its like your strangers liiving in the same house what about sex what about knowing that he's their right beside you it seems your career and life are more important to you guys than making time for each other!? I mean how can it be easier you just go and lay in the bed and sleep gosh.
I've known some very happily married people that slept in separate rooms due to snoring, thrashing around when sleeping, needing a CPAP to sleep with (some people don't like the noise) or a partner is sick/frail and they are concerned about hurting them if sleeping in the same bed. If the marriage is sound and the reasons for separate rooms is valid, I don't see a problem.
You NEED to sleep in the same bed - ABSOLUTELY. You are missing out on: having spontaneous nookies. Chatting about something that is troubling you. Playing with each other. Kissing and cuddling. Playing with each other. Having spontaneous nookies. Having ';just us'; time. Playing with each other. Having spontaneous nookies....
Not all, we haven't for a while mostly due to infant rearing years but I hate it. We've been back in the same bed for at least part of the night for a while now.





Generally I would say no, not a great sign of health but if you're having trouble sleeping... what ya' going to do. Gotta sleep.


If it's snoring or some such thing, by God, /do/ something about it.


They make OTC plastic strips that help and you can go to the doctor and get a machine/mask thing that helps with apnea.
I sure hope not. My last girlfriend was an adult bed wetter. I pity the fool who sleeps with her on the same bed.





Most couples sleep in the same room. The only people I have known who slept separately..... hated each other.


My sister and her ex.





I'm not even sure if its healthy for kids to see their parents sleeping separately.


Kids will interpret that as trouble in paradise.
I don't think that it is unhealthy per-se, but as long as you have good communication and a good relationship it should be okay. I just would make time to have personal time in the bedroom (hint hint). I would talk to your husband and see how he feels.
The only times I or other married couples I know slept separately was due to a serious injury or illness. All the married couples I know sleep together in the same bed. And these marriages span 20 - 65 years married.
As of this moment, my husband is sleeping on the couch for like....the sixth straight day. It bothers the hell out of me, but he is so beat when he gets home from work, that I can relate.
i've heard of people doing it because of snoring, and bad sleepers. i dont think its that bad if you have good reasons for it and you also have your time together. i personally wouldn't like it. though.
yes it is very healthy to be able to stretch to on your own sometimes and as a woman we sometimes need our own space and not because something is wrong... on vacation we always get separate beds because we can always get in one
I've read that many new houses today are being built with ';his'; and ';hers'; suites because of snoring, among other problems. So it's not uncommon.
Just like everything else that goes on behind closed doors, it's nobody's business but yours and if it works then who are we to tell you differently?
When I felt a disconnection from my husband I felt it should be better if we did have separates bedrooms then he said ';why are we married'; We sleep in the same bed now. (but I still like wall-e).
I think it's totally fine!


As long as you still keep intimacy and romance alive.
I wouldn't be married if my wife slept in another room!
honestly that doesn't sound too good! what do you mean you have different schedules ? are you both sleeping at the same time though?
i think it's fine. forget what these other people are saying. whatever works for you
Thats just Weird....No its not normal , not healthy....why be married?

No comments:

Post a Comment