Saturday, January 23, 2010

What city/state/country do u live in? Are there a good # of interracial couples?

Any combination...and how does the average person react to it?What city/state/country do u live in? Are there a good # of interracial couples?
I live in Los Angeles, California, USA. There's a lot of interracial combinations. Black male/white female and vice versa, the list goes on. People barely blink an eye. Its pretty liberal over here, which makes me glad that I was born here.What city/state/country do u live in? Are there a good # of interracial couples?
I live in Columbia, South Carolina, USA. I've seen a handful of interracial couples. I don't see them that often, but they do exist. I see mostly white and blacks marry, but occasionally I will see Asians marry other races. Some people may not approve of it, but I've never seen anyone make a scene in public.
In Central Texas (Live in San Angelo and Abilene, only 100 miles apart)there is plenty of it, I have no prob with it, mostly a combination of white, black, and mexican.The one thing i do hate is how a large portion of white women look down on ALL people who are not also in a interracial relationship. I guess they think they are far more socially advanced then the rest of the world that they can judge other people. Not saying it is like that every where just in Central TX.
Here's the situation in the Northwest:





I live in Oregon, and have been living here for 20 years, and I've been in an I/R since 2001. My first husband was also white. We were married 9 years during the 80s, but were living in California at the time.





For a state that is sometimes labelled as ';redneck'; and ';prejudiced';, there are actually a surprisingly high number of I/R couples living here, primarily in Portland or in the university towns like Eugene, Corvallis, or Ashland... but you can go just anyplace in the state and see I/Rs, even in the smallest of one horse towns. Medford, for example, despite being historically considered a racist town, is known all over the West for how many white women are likely to be dating/married to black men...and who will actively seek them out over other men.





There's all manner of I/R combinations, too, but the most likely combination you're see? WW/BM, WW/HM, WM/AW.





The further north you get, the more likely you'll see white men with black women, particularly in Portland. As you head towards Eastern Oregon, you may see more I/Rs where one of the partners is Native American.





There's also a more than a few families who have adopted interracially, too.





In the cities, it's rare to hear of any negative issues re: I/Rs. In very rural areas, an I/R family might get the occasional stare from time to time, but then some people stare at anyone who is not recognized as a ';local.'; For the most part, Oregonians tend to be pretty much ';live and let live.'; My man and I don't ever have any problems...and we go all over the place.





You can't always tell who is likely to have a spouse/sweetheart of a different race or ethnicity, either. Some of the people who appear at first glance to be very conservative or even straight out redneck-y types might have a s/o of a different race or ethnic group...so one should be careful not to make rude remarks re: I/R's when here.





Washington State also has a lot of I/R's, particularly in Seattle. Same attitude towards them there, too. I know of a few I/Rs in Idaho, but not as many as either OR or WA
San Francisco area, California, US





In any crowd you're going to see at least a few -- in all combinations you can imagine.





Most young folks don't react at all. Dating/marrying whoever you love is the norm around here. Older folks generally either make a point of telling us we're ';cute'; or the very few might let us know they disapprove.
Country: United Arab Emirates


City: Dubai





Yes there are a good number of interracial couples since this place is filled with expatriates.





An average person here does not react to it as if it surprises him. It's normal around here.





Combination:


Indian with Pakistani


Filipino with Egyptian


Indian with Filipino


Pakistani with Chinese


Arab with white


White with Black


European with Arab


Indian with White.
I live in the usa...washington, dc to be exact. i guess there are because I see a lot of mixed kids...especially when I go to amusement parks...I see a lot of mixed kids.
Country: United States of America


State: Pennsylvania





There are many interracial couples, but not so many with black women.
Pennsylvania they'res not alot of interracial couples i know live here.
Mississippi Gulf Coast, USA and yes, a lot of interracial couples...no one pays any attention...
Queensland,Australia.


I suppose there is,never really thought about it.
Toledo,Ohio





Plenty... PPL. have no problem with them
Raleigh, NC/USA...pretty good amount although you will still get some stares from the red neck natives

No comments:

Post a Comment