Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Anyone against the states giving gay couples civil unions? If so any secular reasons?

I think civil union is a great compromise, state gov't shouldn't be giving anyone marriages anyway.Anyone against the states giving gay couples civil unions? If so any secular reasons?
Only those filled with hate.....


SEE BELOWAnyone against the states giving gay couples civil unions? If so any secular reasons?
yeah i am





america has already tried separate but equal





no self-respecting gay couple i know would get ';civilly-unioned';
Civil unions as opposed to marriage, meaning the first one and not the second? No.





Marriage provides over 1000 benefits that civil unions do not.





Plus, the civil union is only legal in the state where it is issued (though there are one or two states willing to recognize them); marriage is recognized everywhere around the world.
no they can have civil unions, but stay away from marriage
I agree...marriage was created by religion and divorce lawyers.
All the reasons are of God.
If it means them receiving any kind of tax payer funded benefits ? Yes I am . God bless.
it's unnatural and it makes my eyes water!
The radical homosexual activists are not satisfied with ';civil unions';.
With the number of partners of gay vs. straight, they will be begging to abolish it within months... so either way its not going down.
No, they should be allowed to marry. Only allowing them to have a civil union is segregation.
I'm all for it.
So , if I read you correctly , you believe the state should give gays and straights civil unions and leave marriages to the religious organizations .


Too logical the religious right and homophobes will never go for it . I'm straight and I consider my marriage a civil union because it was done by a justice of the peace and not in a religious institution . It is obvious that I see the words marriage and civil union as interchangeable ... many people do not .
Since HIV/AIDS is now spreading faster through the straight community, ;the health insurance argument is out .





Secularly, I have no problem with It. I too think civil union is OK.





Marriage is NOT!





I did not wait till age 46 to get married for the first and only time because i think it is just a casual thing.





I do not go for this business of ';I reserve the right to be different and I reserve the right to be treated equally';
I am all for state's rights. I personally am against gay marriage only because I think God designed it to be between a man and a woman (not because gay people are bad or disgusting in any way),...however that belief just means I won't do it myself or support it. I don't feel I need to legislate my beliefs onto others as long as they are not hurting me or infringing on my rights.





I just want to know why the private lives of others are up for the rest of us to vote on.
I'm all for it. But a couple of issues lurk. Can two heterosexual males get a civil union just for tax purposes? What other requirements would be necessary? What mechanisms would be in place to dissolve such unions? What impact will this have on community property? I'm just concerned that it would be abused to illegally reap benefits that have been built to help the family unit.
Separate but equal is not equal.





Either everone needs to get civil unions, or everyone can get marriages. The government should not be in control of what your relationship is called.
It is the compromise many, like myself, have pushed from day 1...Give them the term Civil Unions with ALL the benefits and RESPONSIBILITIES of marriage...as their relationship is different so should the term...The relationships are NOT the same...a Jet and a Biplane are both aircraft but they are not the same so they do not have the same name but they both fly...seperate but equal...the joining of 2 people legally should do the same Civil Union for gays and Marriage for Straight couples...
Gay marriage should be a STATE issue, not a federal issue. Simple as that.
YES! Give gays civil unions and leave the marrying up to the church! If two people (no matter what their relationship is) want to join into a legal power of attorney, then so be it! However, marriage is a religious ceremony and it goes against everything the Bible teaches.
I have no problem with them. They give the same exact rights anyways...
The failure of this so-called compromises is that not one, but numerous churches marry same sex couples! Duh! Not every ';Christian'; believes that homosexuality is some evil sin that exceeds the crap that straight people do every damned day.





Let's take one example. ';Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.'; Folks' that's one of the 10 Commandments. But I sure as heck know that a good percentage of the so-called Christians spent half of yesterday at the shopping mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment