Sunday, May 9, 2010

Do alot of couples break up after boot camp or basic?

I heard alot of couples end up breaking up afterwards(not married ones) Do you advise any couple to ';take a break'; or ';be friends'; if both of them went into boot camp or basic in different branches. If they have not had enough time to establish a strong relationship.(dating 6 or7 months, a month after one got out of basic the other went into bootcamp).Do alot of couples break up after boot camp or basic?
Boot camp can be stressful and that stress can go into relationships. That is because both people do not realize how the military will fit into their relationship. Once they realize that the military has great benefits but also great responsibilities one or both parties may choose not to continue the relationship. The other thing to keep in mind is that most people who go to boot camp are young and many early relationships do not last to begin with. A lot of relationships between college students do not last either.





Here is what I would recommend, if the couple has time under their belt (year or two) and they really know each other and they are 20 try to make it work. If a couple is still in their teens, I would say to take things as they come and try not to get too serious until you both know what you are getting into. Good luck.Do alot of couples break up after boot camp or basic?
I would say it is completely up to the couple. I think the kind of distance and lack of communication that you will experience in basic is indicative of what military life will be some of the time. A strong enough couple can withstand the distance and it can even make their relationship stronger, whereas a weak relationship that is maybe just not ready to make sacrifices for their significant other may fail. My advice to you is if you are already doubting weather or not your relationship can withstand the time apart then maybe it is best to end things beforehand. However i know from experience that if you and your bf/gf want it to work out; it can.
If you both can handle a long distance relationship it could work but I highly doubt it.





If you are going to different branches your chances of getting stationed near each other is slim (even if you did join the same branch). Since you are not married the military will not give any consideration to keeping you together.
I don't think there's much truth to that although one or two people will get the ';Dear John'; letters (that's what my DS called them) in basic. For me personally, I went into basic after my girlfriend and I had been dating for 6 months. To make a long story short, we just celebrated our 3 year anniversary last week. It really depends on how strong both people are and how much you care for one another. Best of Luck!
I remember a bunch of dudes in my platoon getting letters saying they have been dumped. All the female soldiers who had boyfriends were sneaking off into mop closets with male soldiers who had girlfriends back home .... I say take a break!!!





The only people who I saw being faithful were the married soldiers. Who knows what their families were doing back home though?
Distance can break up the couple. I use to talk to my girlfriend everynight and that helped us out a lot. We use to talk about what we did that day and if the relationship was hurting one of us, we let it out. Let it out.
I would imagine so. The stresses of military life usually strain an informal romantic relationship to the breaking point.





My advice? Get married or let the boy down easy.
Do what you think is best for you. not what a bunch of people on a message board think is best for you.
well, four years is a long time in a young persons life to wait to have a real relationship.
They always end with Your GF+ Big Bad Jody- You... Oh well find someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment