Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why do some married couples not talk to each other.?

I don't understand I talk to my wife 1-2 hrs. every morning and the same at night. Just to see what's happening with her and our family.Why do some married couples not talk to each other.?
Blanket statements are rarely true. I know some couples married for 40 -50 or more years that are deeply in love with each other and don't spend a great deal of time talking. They just are present for each other and just know how each other feels. Look, some couples are not so needy. They talk but long conversations about a bunch of nonsense is just not their way.





I admit there are some people not in tune or in step with each other. I also admit that communication is important in a marriage. Not being present or sensitive to each others needs is hurtful and counterproductive.





But I can sit next to my wife of 30 years in the living room and she can be working on a crosstitch and I can be pounding these keys and go for hours without more than ';hey dear do you want some more tea and an occasional hey I love ya';. A little bun grab doesn't hurt either!





It is the presence and conscious being together that counts.





That being said it is important for a couple who wish to be together for a long term relationship especially marriage to be sure they both feel the same way or at least be sensitive to the others needs for more open communication.Why do some married couples not talk to each other.?
I don't understand it either. Even when we aren't getting along or have bickered that day, we still have conversations daily. Whether its bills, the kids, the house or how his day at work was. It is so important to feel connected to your spouses' individual life.
in my oipinion, if there is to much of each other, the couple tend to get bored, they lost topics to share so they simply want silence between them. at times, they need to miss each other for them to keep the communication going.
Yeah, us too. I don't get it either. Even when we weren't getting along we still talked and had sex. You stop communicating and stop being intimate and you're headed for a cliff.
That's because their relationship was started with sex and not communication. They married for lust and not love.
Some people don't get along. It seems this way with each of my marriages. The men just don't talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment