Thursday, May 13, 2010

Married couples: Do you live paycheck to paycheck?

My husband works full time. I stay home with our 2 young children. He gets stressed about money sometimes as we all do. All the bills are paid on time every month and we have close to $900 left over after all the bills are accounted for every month. He still freaks and worries that we're going to go bankrupt. Do you have a similar situation?





Please don't respond if you are not in or have not been in a similar situation.Married couples: Do you live paycheck to paycheck?
I have lived paycheck to paycheck. I don't anymore but I did for a very long time. When you have you never forget the struggles and it makes you appreciate life so much more. When I did I would have loved to be able to pay my bills on time and still have that much money left over!





You may not be wealthy but Your situation could be so much worse. Your husband really needs to start counting his blessings and be grateful for all that he has.Married couples: Do you live paycheck to paycheck?
Yes we did for a little while. This was when we first got married and I just graduated from college. It was tough at first. When I was single before, I had money to have fun with and buy anything I wanted and save since I wasn't in school and I was just working to save for college.





Things were tough when my husband's foot got ran over by a truck last March and he was out of work for 3 months. I was the only one working even though he got disability, not much.





I learned how much to spread out a dollar. I feel that those that struggle really learn to appreciate what they have and that it could be gone in a second.





When I went through hard times, even though I am not financially 'rich', my character is the thing that is rich. A life lesson is worth more than money can buy.





When we leave this earth, we don't take money with us wherever we go. But we sure do take everything with us that we learned in life.





Bless the rocky road!





I've been there, many of us have. Things get better if you come up with a budget and a plan that you both agree on. BUT you do have to splurge every once in a while and have a date night with your husband. So what if you spend $50 on a meal? It's an investment in your relationship and you need to do that from time to time.





Good luck.
but do you put the 900 dollars in savings? if you make sure you put it in savings after each month find a way to show him the progress and the money accumulating in savings. Ask him if he'd like you to do something from home that could generate some amount of money, big or small. Ex avon etc. You could also point out the money ya'll save by you staying home! childcare is so expensive and would most likely take one of your paychecks especially with two kids.
I wish I had 900 left over after all our bills are paid!!! We seriously live paycheck to paycheck, and can barely keep our heads above water.. We make okay money, are hard workers, and have nice things(house, car, etc) Sometimes I wish we lived in a mobile home so that we had extra money, and money to put into savings.





Hard Times, hard Times





Best of Luck**
We do not live paycheck to paycheck. We own everything that we have including our house. We have money in the bank and put more there every pay day. We are 41 and 42. He still freaks over things. He stresses over the insurances being due, the property taxes. He acts like we have .42 to get us through. It can be quite tiring.
we both work full-time, and make good money between the two of us. Unfortunately my husband makes us live from pay cheque to pay cheque - he seem to love to purchase things on credit, and make sure that every penny is used up each month. I hate it.
I've never had to live paycheck to paycheck - my husband has in the past prior to me however -





He pays out over $600 a month just in childsupport
We do live paycheck to paycheck. We both work. There are 6 kids total. And we r broke all the time. But not everyone is that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment