Friday, January 15, 2010

Does anyone know of churches or what not that will hold ceremonies for same sex couples in Wisconsin?

Though I know not legally binding, I am looking for a place that will hold a ceremony. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Does anyone know of churches or what not that will hold ceremonies for same sex couples in Wisconsin?
My guess is that this would be the same in all states - check out UCC (Universalist Churches); I've had several friends that have had ceremonies with the UCC.





Good luck (my partner and I had a ceremony at the Gay/Lesbian synagogue in Philly 14 years ago)!Does anyone know of churches or what not that will hold ceremonies for same sex couples in Wisconsin?
I do not know of any for sure. It would also help to know where in WI. Madison has a couple of Churches in the campus area that are all inclusive. There is also a Baptist Church one block off University Ave. (I don't remember the street name but its right across from the U.W. / V.A. Hospitals) I know that one is very open to L.G.B.T. people. If you are in Madison you might check with Outreach on Williamson Street, they may have a list. They also have a L.G.B.T. alliance at the Memorial Union on campus I believe. I do not know the Milwaukee area enough to offer any ideas there.





This is the site for Outreach, I would start my search there.





http://www.outreachinc.com/
might take a look here





happy trails
  • facebook.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment